Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wow I never knew just how much work it is to pack for 3 people for a weeks vacation. I mean I am greatful to be going to the beach for the first time in a few years but I'm thinking I am going to need another vacation to recooperate from this one. I still haven't packed myself yet and I had the boys packed until Elijah decided to "see what I had for him to wear" at the beach. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw all of their clothes out of the suitcase, unfolded, and strolled all over their room. I mean only my child would do this. Not to mention the fact that I have worked so hard cleaning up the house this week and it never fails my boys go right behind me and make a new mess. It's beyond frustrating when they do this!!!!! I guess I should just suck it up and enjoy it while they are still young b/c as we all know, kids grow up sooooooooo fast and before I know it they will be grown and I will be old and lonely. :(

I just got back from getting my hair cut off and it is VERY SHORT. I had been letting it grow out for 4 years and it was all the way down my back but it was just too much. It had gotten to the point that it was just sitting on the top of my head in a bun everyday and so I did it!!!!! I feel very liberated and I bet I lost 10lbs just from getting it cut. I've been saying that I was going to get it cut for months and just never did it but tonight I went with my mom to get her hair cut and she was nice enough to pay for it so now I HAVE SHORT HAIR! It'll be just fine once I get used to it.

It's hard to believe that it is almost time for school already. Elijah starts kindegarden this year and Jalen will be in the 3rd grade. This makes me so sad b/c it seems just like yesterday that I was bringing them home from the hospital and now they are getting so big. I am just a wee bit nervous at the thought of Elijah starting school b/c he is MUCH different than his brother and I hope that the school doesn't have to put me on speed dial. For the most part Jalen has never really given me any problems other than running his mouth constantly (he gets this honest, so I can't say to much) however my little Elijah is quite the character. They are literally like night and day. It seems like all they do these days is fight with each other, cry, and then fight some more but it's funny to watch them when an outsider picks on one of them b/c they take up for each other. My nephew Weston is with them alot of the time and they play good together for all of about 5 minutes and then war breaks out. I know that they all love each other and they are all close but I know that when they get older they will appreciate each other more. Baby Brooks is right behind them. He is the best little baby and I LOVE HIM TO DEATH and HE LOVES ME. He's just a tad bit spoiled and I'm afraid that I have played a part in spoiling him but I wouldn't have it any other way. He will just sit in my lap and watch them play and follows them with his eyes. He wants to get down there and play with them soooooooo bad and he will be able to before I know it.

Well that's about it for now! I really need to get off of this computer and do some more housework. Don't forget to say some prayers for us as we head to the beach Saturday and I'm sure I will have tons of pictures to post when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment